Handset Mobility - Working from Home or Remotely
When using MaxoTel Hosted PBX, your handsets can be used from just about anywhere with a broadband internet connection.
Your phone numbers, a PBX service are hosted in the cloud, and the handsets connect to it using an available internet connection.
This means that you can simply plug your handset in to a network with an available internet connection, and it will connect to the Hosted PBX and work.
The procedure is as simple as:
- Disconnect the power and ethernet cables from the handset
- Take the handset to the new location
- Plug in the power and ethernet cables
- Your handset will start up and connect to the hosted PBX within around 1-2 minutes
This is extremely useful for:
- Working from home, just take your phone with you
- Moving between offices
- Some disaster-recovery scenarios
As well as simply moving the handset, you may also be interested to learn more about:
- Using Hot Desking - Log in to a handset as you sit down at the desk, so your extension comes with you (without needing to move the physical phone)
- MaxoTel Cloud Softphone - Use your Smartphone (iPhone or Android) as your Hosted PBX extension, so it goes wherever you do